Have a taste of Nuuk
If you prefer to dine out one evening, you will find places of good food i Nuuk.
Placed in the Nuuk Center is KALAALIARAQ, "the Board". This is where all year round the fishermen sell their daily fresh catch of Greenland provisions - for you to prepare in your own kitchen if you like.
In this way you are free to experiment on your own with spring roe of lumpfish, fat summer sea trout from the North Country, reindeer legs from the bottom of the fiord. Or maybe just a homemade SUAASAT - Greenland soup boiled on fresh or salted meat of seal or whale - along with carrots, leeks, onions, garden turnips and potatoes - all grown in the bottom of the GODTHÅBSFJORD.
Add to this a good handful of fine pearl barley!
Restaurants and more:
If you prefer to dine out one evening, the Nordbo recommends the following places of good food:
- Charoen Porn - A traditional Thailand restaurant - tlf. +299 325759 / +299 558991
- Hereford Beefstouw - A micro brewery and large steaks of beef - tlf. +299 348080
- Café Chili - Chinese/ Thailand fastfood - tlf. +299 324060
- Cafe Mik - Buttered bred and sandwiches - tlf. +299 321506
- Nasiffik - Steakhouse - tlf. +299 329190
- Steak & Grill - Fastfood - tlf. +299 325856
- Bones - Steakhouse - tlf +299 348504 / take-away tlf +299 348530
- Cafe Esmeralda - Restaurant/Coffeebar - tlf +299 32 90 95
- IGGU - Pizzaria - tlf +299 32 95 55
Don't forget to say, "mamaqaat" meaning "That was good"